- Difficulty: Intermediate | Advanced
- Equipment Needed: Reformer, Long Box, Straps (I love using the Contrology Reformer.)
- Reps: 3 sets of 3
- Warning: Do not try Teaser on the Long Box before you have done it on the Mat and/or Cadillac first. Not ideal for those with lower back pain unless they can do it on the Cadillac and Mat without feeling pain.
- Questions: Contact us here
Teaser on the Reformer
Teaser on the Pilates Reformer Long Box is deceiving in a way. I actually think it’s easier than Teaser on the Mat because it’s elevated and has straps that connect to a spring it’s considered a more Advanced exercise. That being said, the sooner you are able to safely add this to your Reformer repertoire the sooner you will see your Teaser on the Mat get better! Also, there are at least three variations that you can do with the Teaser on the Reformer. You don’t have to start out with all three. You can simply start by rolling up, holding and rolling back down.
Do not let your straps get slack when you are up in your Teaser.
With one spring on lay all the way back, carriage closed, arms out and down to the side, legs long and hugging together. Similar to your Hundred, you will roll everything all the way up simultaneously. Reach your arms down towards the floor with palms facing up, lift your head, cheat and legs and hold your Teaser position. Remember Teaser is not a V sit. Maintain length and space. You may feel like you are sitting backward. Eyes and toes at the same level and hands palm up holding your handles like a bowl of soup.
If getting into position goes well and you’re able to hold everything together, start with the first variation- lower and lift your arms 3 times. Then hold and roll everything back down. Do not take a break. Immediately roll right back up and either repeat variation one or begin to circle your arms in both directions three times. Find your reach and hold before you lower all the way back down and come right back up for your final variation- repeat one fo the first two or hold your upper body still and circle your legs three times in each direction. Find your reach and then roll back down.
Some things to keep in mind:
1) Do not let your straps get slack when you are up in your Teaser.
2) If you are moving your arms, do not let your legs and chest give that away.
3) If you are moving your legs, do not let your chest and arms show any movement.
Be sure to check out more of my online Pilates Reformer exercises. I want to help you continue your Pilates Reformer training!